Our Decking Protector protects your deck against the rain and sun. Rain can lead to rot, and the sun can turn it grey.
- Waterproofs to stop splitting and swelling
- Protects from sun damage to prevent greying
- Scuff resistant
- Translucent finish
Ronseal Decking Protector
Ronseal Decking Protector provides the ultimate waterproofing protection.
Our unique wax enriched formula creates a superb barrier against water penetration, and helps prevent cracking and swelling of your deck caused by constant wetting and drying.
As well as enhancing your deck's beauty and providing super waterproofing protection our scuff resistant formula means it also protects against foot traffic.
Before You Start
Ensure decking is free from all dust, dirt, oil, mildew, algae and other contaminants. Remove all existing loose, flaking or peeling coatings. For best results clean surfaces thoroughly with Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver prior to application and allow to dry thoroughly. Ensure all cleaning residues are completely washed away to maximise the performance of Ronseal Decking Protector. Always test on an inconspicuous area before starting general application to ensure you achieve the desired result.
- Ensure decking is thoroughly dry. Do not apply in damp conditions or when rain is likely before product has dried. Do not apply below 10°C.
- Shake well before and during use. Pour into a suitable plastic container.
- Apply liberally with a brush, roller or low pressure sprayer. If spraying, protect plants and surrounding areas from overspray. Any overspray should be removed with a damp cloth whilst wet.
- Remove any ponding by redistributing to dry areas after 15 minutes.
- For maximum protection apply 2 coats. Re-coat as soon as first coat is dry (maximum 2 hours). Dry times will vary with climatic conditions and porosity of timber. If re-coat times are exceeded then second coat may be repelled by the first coat. Leave for 20 minutes and redistribute product with a dry brush.
Remove as much product as possible from application tools before cleaning. Clean brushes with water and detergent. Do not empty into drains or watercourses. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings.
Decking treated with Ronseal Decking Protector can be cleaned using Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver. Inspect the coating on an annual basis and re-coat when necessary.
Usage Areas: Ridged or smooth hardwood and softwood decking.
Compatibility: New or recently restored decking porous enough to allow penetration.
Clean Up: Brushes wash out in water and detergent.